Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Entry Number 2


All right ALREADY!!!

This blog stuff is demanding and blah blah blah. :)

My birthday celebration began with pouring rain and a flat tire.   Oh the joys of being an adult and the owner of a car.  Eventually the day got better because I got some sushi, saw some old friends, and was told by a two year old that she did not like me.  

I also received a one of a kind shopping cart from Megan and Lauren.  Thanks girls for the awesome gift… It will come in handy one of these days. 

My feelings for the day were somewhat somber.  The day before I had found out that a friend mine had passed away.  Hony was a photographer and you could always see him on the sideline of any sporting event in the area.  Hony would always talk to my Mom and me and give us the “low down” or gossip of what was going on in the area.  When my Mom died last Feburary he looked through his pictures to find some of her and then he gave them to me.  Those pictures meant the world to me. 

At the first football game of last year we kept having rain and lightning delays.  When we finally got started Hony and I were standing on the sidelines and he pointed something out to me… It was a praying mantis.  Hony said that he was praying that we get this game started.  I laughed and the more I thought about it I felt as if it was a sign from my Mom. She was still there with us on the sidelines. 

Hony was always there… he was a constant figure on the sidelines, he had become my sideline buddy and now he’s gone.  This fall when football season comes around I don’t know what I am going to do.  I won’t have Mom or Hony there, I might just fall to pieces the first game.  It will never be the same and that’s for sure. 

The past week has been difficult.  But it could be worse… it could always be worse.
 
Remember to tell your friends and family you love them because you might not ever get that chance again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment